For more than 40 years, Leucan has been supporting cancer-stricken children and their families across Quebec, from the day of diagnosis and through every stage of cancer and its effects.
In addition to being the primary funder of clinical research in childhood cancer, the Association provides families with distinctive and tailored services: welcome and emotional support, financial assistance, referral service, massage therapy, hosting in hospital playrooms, socio-recreational activities, awareness-raising in schools, end-of-life and bereavement follow-up services, and the Leucan Information Centre.
To learn more, visit the Leucan website.
Leucan promotes the recovery and the well-being of cancer stricken children and supports their families by providing distinctive and tailored services and assistance through every stage of cancer and its side-effects.
Fight Cancer and Improve Treatments
By giving to Leucan, you invest in clinical research to fight childhood cancer and improve treatments. You contribute to:
- Increasing the survival rates
- Reducing side effects
- Improving the quality of life of survivors by minimizing the risk of sequelae
Comfort, Inform, and Guide
Thanks to you, families have access to a reference point at all times, from wherever they are. Your gifts enable Leucan to:
- Ensure case management within hours of the diagnosis
- Provide access to comprehensive information on childhood cancer 24/7 via the Leucan Information Centre
- Assign a Family Services Agent to each family of Leucan to continue to support families, even at home
Alleviate Physical and Psychological Pain
Your concern makes it possible for Leucan to listen to the physical and emotional needs expressed by children and their families. By giving, you contribute to:
- Reducing pain and stress and improving children’s immune functions, thanks to massage therapy services
- Giving access to psychological support
- Reassuring and comforting grieving families
Break Families out of their Isolation and Contribute to their Well-being
Your donations break children and families out of the isolation caused by illness. You provide them with:
- Hospital playrooms hosted by educators
- Safe socio-recreational activities where families can meet and exchange with other families coping with a similar situation
- Smooth back-to-school transition for affected children
Provide financial assistance
Your gifts help families to survive financially because nobody plans for a cancer diagnosis in their budget. Thanks to you, Leucan’s financial assistance includes:
- A series of grants: initial grant, support grant for a bone-marrow transplant, recurrence grant, monthly care access allowance
- An emergency fund
- A financial assistance program for post-treatment sequelae